If you’ve been paying attention to tech news lately, then you know that cyber breaches and attacks are on the rise. And while it’s true that no company is completely immune to being hacked, there are steps that you can take to minimize your risk.
One of those steps is to utilize managed IT services from a reputable provider who understands how to prevent cyber attacks. But just how do managed IT providers keep companies safe from threats? Let’s take a look.
MSPs Use Technology to Keep Client Data Safe
Managed service providers (MSPs) understand how important it is for businesses to keep their data secure and to prevent cyber attacks. That’s why they utilize various technologies to protect their clients’ information and data.
- Cloud Technologies for Storage and Data Recovery: MSPs often utilize cloud technologies for storage and data recovery, as cloud services can be more robust than other alternatives. This way, even if data is lost or corrupted, it can be quickly recovered from the cloud.
- Updated Threat Protection Resources: IT providers also use updated threat protection resources to keep their clients’ data safe. This includes firewalls, anti-virus software, and intrusion detection systems.
- Safe File Sharing: Many providers use safe file sharing methods to prevent cyber attacks. This includes using secure protocols like SFTP and SSL/TLS.
- Support for People Working Remotely: They understand that many people are working remotely these days. That’s why many IT companies offer support for people working remotely, such as VPN access and remote desktop access.
How MSPs Prevent Cyber Attacks
In addition to using technology to keep clients’ data safe, MSPs know how to prevent cyber attacks, and they take the necessary steps to do so.
- They Educate Their Clients: One of the best ways that MSPs prevent cyber attacks is by educating their clients. They teach their clients about how to identify phishing emails, how to create strong passwords, and how to spot other red flags that could indicate a cyber attack is taking place.
- They Monitor Networks 24/7: MSPs also monitor networks 24/7 for any suspicious activity. This way, they can quickly identify and mitigate any threats before they become an issue.
- They Respond Quickly to Cyber Attacks: If a cyber attack does occur, MSPs have procedures in place to quickly respond and reduce the damage. This includes isolating infected systems, restoring lost data, and updating security measures.
How Users Can Prevent Cyber Attacks
While IT providers can do a lot to keep their clients safe from threats, users can also take important steps to prevent cyber attacks.
- Use Strong Passwords: One of the best ways to prevent cyber attacks is to use strong passwords. Make sure that your passwords aren’t easily guessed, meet the length requirements, and include a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Don’t Click on Suspicious Links: If you receive an email or message from an unknown sender, don’t click on any of the links. And if you’re unsure about a website, make sure to check for security indicators like a padlock before entering any sensitive information. Cyber criminals’ tactics are becoming more difficult to detect, so continue to stay alert.
- Keep Your Software Up-to-Date: A simple but effective way to stay protected from cyber threats is to keep your software up-to-date. This includes your operating system, web browser, and any applications that you use. By keeping your software up-to-date, you can patch any vulnerabilities that could be exploited by cyber criminals.
GXA Has the Technology to Keep Your Business Safe
If you’re looking for ways to keep your company safe from threats, utilizing managed IT services is a great option. MSPs like GXA use technology to keep clients’ data safe and prevent cyber attacks. That’s why GXA offers a variety of managed IT services that are designed to fit the needs of your company and keep it protected. To learn more about our services, contact us today.